Customer Terms of Service
1. Welcome to Together Commerce!
1. Legal Agreement. This Customer Terms of Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and Together Commerce UG (haftungsbeschränkt). (together with our affiliates, “Together Commerce”, “we”, “us” or “our”) setting forth, among other things, the terms and conditions for your use of, access to, downloading of, or procurement of, as the case may be: (i) the Together Commerce Platform, Together Commerce API Platform, and other apps or APIs provided or made available by, or obtained from, Together Commerce (“Plug-in(s)”) and/or (ii) these or other online or offline services performed or made available to you by Together Commerce from time to time, including but not limited to technical and non-technical support, consulting, Together Commerce Premium Services (collectively, the “Services”); and/or (iii) your Together Commerce account (the “Account”); and/or (iv) any related client software including any updates and accompanying written documentation (the “Software”); and/or (v) any website from which any of the Plug-in, Services, or Account are available and/or accessible (the “Website”). Collectively or individually, the Plug-in, Services, Account, Software and Website may be referred to as the “Products”.
3. Acceptance. By using, accessing, or downloading the Products, you accept and agree to the provisions of this Agreement without any reservations, modifications, additions or deletions. If you do not agree to any provisions contained in this Agreement, you are not authorized to use the Products. You may be denied access to the Products, with or without notice to you, if you do not comply with any of the provisions of this Agreement.
5. Any questions you have regarding this Agreement or its terms should be directed to email@example.com
2. Together Commerce, You, Your Shoppers, and Their Data.
1. Together Commerce Is Your Data Processor. You agree that you are the controller of any information acquired by your e-Commerce Platform (as defined below) and that Together Commerce is the processor of such data, and that this Agreement constitutes your written direction and authorization for Together Commerce to provide the Services to you, in respect of which Together Commerce is provided access to certain Shopper data (see below). You agree that Together Commerce is providing the Services and the use of the Plug-in to you at your request and via your website, online application, or other networked and Together Commerce-enabled communication and e-Commerce platforms (the “e-Commerce Platform”). Further, unless there is prior written notice, which shall not include the Data Rights Access Portal or any use associated therewith, Together Commerce has no direct contact or control over the interaction, collection of data, or obtaining of consent, among other direct interactions, with any individual who is an end customer, or any other person, using your e-Commerce Platform (“Shopper”). For the purposes of this Agreement, the terms ‘processor’ and ‘controller’ shall have the meanings defined by the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (hereinafter, the “GDPR”).
3. e-Commerce Platforms and Children. The Together Commerce Products and Services are not designed for, and not intended to support or be used in association with either (i) commercial sales to, or commercial activities with, individuals under the age of 18, or (ii) e-Commerce Platforms that are intended or designed for interacting with individuals under the age of 18. You agree that your e-Commerce Platforms shall not be used in such a manner and that you shall take reasonable technological and administrative steps to avoid such uses.
4. Account. To access and use the Services and the Software, you must create an Account with a valid e-mail address. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, regardless of whether the activities are undertaken by you, your employees or a third party. You will contact us immediately if you believe an unauthorized third party may be using your Account or if your Account information is lost or stolen. You may terminate your Account and this Agreement in accordance with the Section titled “Term and Termination”.
5. Account Information. In creating your Account, you agree to provide truthful information, including but not limited to a password as well as your name, business address and a valid email address (the “Account Information”). You agree to provide accurate Account Information and to update your Account Information as necessary to keep it accurate. You must provide us with notice to firstname.lastname@example.org if your contact details change. You acknowledge that providing any false information or statement to Together Commerce shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement.
6. Support. Support services will only be available to you if you have an active Account with Together Commerce. Support services will be provided through Together Commerce’s Help Desk portal or by email communication to those email addresses associated with the Account. Requests for support services must be directed to email@example.com
7. Administrators. You will be deemed to have taken any action that occurs in association with your Account, and/or any action that you permit, assist or facilitate any person or entity to take related to this Agreement. You are responsible for any individual or entity, including but not limited to your employees, agents, representatives, and permitted contractors (each, an “Administrator”) that directly or indirectly accesses or uses your Account. You will ensure that Administrators comply with your obligations under this Agreement, and that the terms of your agreement with each Administrator are consistent with this Agreement. You are responsible and liable for any act or omission of an Administrator as if committed or omitted by you. If you become aware of any violation of your obligations under this Agreement by an Administrator, you will immediately terminate such Administrators’ access to the Products.
8. Risk Levels. Together Commerce has classified the risk level associated with data, including data that Together Commerce may obtain or may have already obtained pursuant to this Agreement, or independently of this Agreement. These risk levels are as follows:
Description of Data Activities:Any processing of the following types of personal data (“Sensitive Data”): Personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences referred to in Article 10 of the GDPR; which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significant effects; and personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation; wherein there is an absence of measures taken by the Together Commerce to mitigate the risk.
Together Commerce: No High Risk Data is present in or obtained by Together Commerce Products.
Description of Data Activities: Any other personal data from those listed above, wherein there is an absence of measures taken by Together Commerce to mitigate the risk.
Together Commerce: No Moderate Risk Data is present in or obtained by Together Commerce Product. – Together Commerce may have such data, but applies its security and mitigative policies and technologies to all such data.
Low or No Risk
Description of Data Activities: Non-personally identifying data, wherein there is an absence of measures taken by the Together Commerce to mitigate the risk.
Together Commerce may have significant levels of such data, but applies its security and mitigative policies and technologies to all such data.
1. Modifications to Products. We may change or discontinue any of the Products, add new services or tools that form part of the Products, or add, change or remove features or functionality of the Products from time to time.
4. Payment and Fees
1. Together Commerce Plan. Subscription fees (in EUR) together with applicable Taxes (collectively referred to as “Plan Fees”) will be calculated in accordance with the applicable Together Commerce Plan associated with your Account. Pricing will be as posted on Together Commerce’s website and / or the eCommerce platform where the Products are installed, subject to any alternative pricing plan agreed to in writing by you and Together Commerce.
2. Fees.We will calculate and bill fees (in EUR) for the Products (“Plan Fee”) on a 30-day billing cycle, as calculated from the date on which you open an Account or otherwise access or download a Product, or, if you are using or accessing a free trial plan (“Trial”), your Account converts from a Trial to a non-Trial or fee-based status (“Paid Service”), or on a more frequent basis at our sole discretion (each, a “Billing Cycle”). Your first Billing Cycle will begin on the date that your Account is created, unless you are using a Trial, in which case it begins on the date that such Trial converts to a Paid Service, and this day, or the next closest day, of each month will be used as the first day of each following Billing Cycle (for example, if you create your Account on the 5th of January, your Billing Cycle will begin 30 days after and you will be billed every 30 days thereafter).
3. Payment. You will pay us the Plan Fees by credit card or, at our sole discretion, by another payment method that we support. You authorize us to charge to the credit card number you provide through your Account all Plan Fees as they come due and payable. All Plan Fees are due and payable in advance, with the first Plan Fee payment due and payable at the time you create your Account or, when your Account is created as part of a Trial Plan, when it converts to a Paid App, and thereafter on the first day of each Billing Cycle. All amounts payable under this Agreement will be made without setoff or counterclaim and without any deduction or withholding. Plan Fees for any new Products or new feature of a Product will be effective when we post updated fees and charges on the Website or to your Account, unless we expressly state otherwise in a notice to you.
4. Increases. We may increase the Plan Fees or add new fees and charges for any existing Product by giving you at least 14 days’ advance notice.
5. Payment Gateway. Your Together Commerce Account must be set up to process payment using a live payment gateway and you must comply with their terms of service. Failure to comply with this Section 4.5 shall result in an immediate suspension of your Account and access to the Products, as well as a material breach of this Agreement.
6. Taxes. All Plan Fees and any other related fees and charges payable by you are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state or other applicable governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized, VAT or other taxes, duties, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (collectively, “Taxes”). You will provide us with any information we reasonably request to determine whether we are obligated to collect certain Taxes, including, but not limited to federal goods and services tax (“GST”), harmonized sales tax (“HST”), provincial sales tax (“PST”), or VAT, from you, including your GST, HST, PST and/or VAT number or other applicable sales or consumption tax number. If any deduction or withholding is required by applicable law, you will notify us and will pay us any additional amounts necessary to ensure that the net amount we receive, after any deduction and withholding, equals the amount we would have received if no deduction or withholding had been required.
7. Other Taxes. You are responsible for all applicable Taxes, including, but not limited to, GST, HST, PST, VAT, and/or State, Provincial, or other local sales taxes, as applicable based on the billing address you provide to us, that arise from or as a result of your use of the Products.
8. No Refunds. Subject only to applicable laws which may require otherwise, you acknowledge and agree that Together Commerce does not, and will not under any circumstance be obligated to, provide refunds of any fees or charges (including, but not limited to, Plan Fees) paid by you under this Agreement for use of the Products in accordance with your Together Commerce Plan or in connection with any change in your Together Commerce Plan.
5. Intellectual Property
1. Together Commerce Intellectual Property. As between you and us, we own and reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Products. You may not use the names, trademarks, logos and graphics files that represent the Products without our written permission. The Products contain copyrighted material, trade secrets and other proprietary material.
2. Patent, Copyright, Trademark Notices and Third-Party Software Licenses. The Products and documentation (except for any Third-Party Content) were designed and programmed by Together Commerce and are subject to applicable Copyright law. All rights to such Copyright, and all other intellectual property rights in favor of Together Commerce, are reserved, except as otherwise provided herein. The following are registered and/or unregistered trademarks of the Licensor: Together, other Together Commerce trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos existing now or in the future (collectively, the “Trademarks”). The Products may contain third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos. You are not granted any right or license with respect to the Trademarks or the trademarks of any third party.
3. Data and Databases. Together Commerce owns all data collected using the Products (“Collected Data”), except to the extent that prior existing ownership rights and/or applicable law preclude Together Commerce’s title in such data. Together Commerce owns all data generated, calculated, or derived from all Collected Data and Customer Provided Data (defined below) used by or provided to the Products (“Calculated Data”). Except as may be licensed in Section 6, Together Commerce reserves all of its rights in the Collected and Calculated Data, including but not limited to US and other foreign Copyright laws and the European Directive on the Legal Protection of Databases.
6. License Granted by Together Commerce
2. Restrictions. You agree that you will not use the Products in any manner or for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement. Specifically, without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not, nor will you attempt to: (a) use the Products to reproduce, transmit, display or distribute any material that infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party including any patent, copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, or other proprietary right, in any medium or via any method without Together Commerce’s express written permission; (b) use our Products in any way that violates the terms of this Agreement; (c) disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse-engineer the Products or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Products or alter or remove any proprietary rights or copyrights notice or identification which indicates ownership of the Products; (d) copy, alter, modify or create any derivative work of the Products, except as expressly permitted herein; (e) access or use the Products in a way intended to avoid incurring charges, fees or the payment of any applicable Taxes; (f) deliver, disclose or convey to any third party, either directly or indirectly, the contents of the Software, or (g) permit or enable any third party to do any of the foregoing.
4. License is Conditional. The Products are owned by Together Commerce and are protected by US, Canadian, and other foreign intellectual property laws and international treaty provisions. All licenses granted to you in this Agreement are conditional upon your continued compliance with this Agreement, as well as applicable law, and will immediately and automatically terminate if you do not comply with any term or condition of this Agreement or of applicable law.
7. Acceptable Use
1. Acceptable Use Policy. Your use of the Products is also subject to our Acceptable Use Policy, as it may be updated or amended from time to time, which is incorporated into and made a part of this Agreement.
3. Prohibited Content and Use. You are liable for any illegal or prohibited User Submitted Content that you upload or submit to the Account, including, for example, infringing, defamatory, or offensive materials. You may not, and hereby represent, warrant and covenant that you will not upload to the Account any User Submitted Content or otherwise use your Account or any of the Products in a manner that:
is unlawful, harmful, threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, abusive, disparaging, pedophilic, pornographic, obscene, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or malicious;
contains hate propaganda or promotes discrimination or violence against any people on account of their race, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, or sexual orientation;is or could be harmful to minors; harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” details of which is available on Email Sending Policy;promotes information that you know is false, misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct;
is or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, or providing information to circumvent manufacture installed copy protect devices;provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner;
provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, or providing or creating computer viruses;
contains a software virus or any other code files or programs that are designed to or have the ability to interrupt, destroy, compromise, or otherwise limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment whether owned by Together Commerce or any other party; or
otherwise violates any local, state or provincial, national or other applicable law or regulation.
4. Prohibited Acts. In addition, you may not, in connection with your use of the Account or any of the Products:
impersonate any person or entity, including a Together Commerce officer or employee, or falsely misrepresent your affiliation with Together Commerce or any other person or entity;
forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers for the purpose of disguising the origin of any User Submitted Content posted or transmitted through or on the Account;
upload or download any User Submitted Content that you do not have the right to upload or download;
interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Products or any server or network involved with the operation of the Products including, but not limited to:
monitoring or crawling of any of Together Commerce’s systems that impairs or disrupts the system being monitored or crawled;
inundating a target with communication requests so that the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective;
orinterfering with the proper functioning of any system, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks or other flooding techniques.
access or use the Products or any system relating to the Products without permission including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or to breach any security or authentication measures used by any system; or
monitor data or traffic through the Products or any system relating to the Products without permission.
ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DISRUPT OR INTERFERE WITH THE SERVICES INCLUDING UNDERMINING OR MANIPULATING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SERVICES IS A VIOLATION OF OUR POLICIES AND MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS.
5. Monitoring. We reserve the right, but do not assume any obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or the Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, we may: Investigate violations of the Agreement or the misuse of the Products; or
Remove or disable access to your Account, or any other agreement we have with you for the use of any of the Products or other products and services offered by Together Commerce or its affiliates
6. Responsibility for Your Conduct. You shall remain solely liable for the information you upload to or download from the Account. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Together Commerce and its affiliates and the Licensor from any claim, action, demand, loss, or damages (including attorneys’ fees) made or incurred by any third party arising out of or relating to your conduct, your violation of this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of a third party.
7. Abuse. You acknowledge that any abuse of any kind, including but not limited to threats of abuse or retribution of any Together Commerce customer, Together Commerce employee or any other affiliate or representative of Together Commerce or the Licensor will result in the immediate termination of your Account and use of the Products.
9. Logos, Links, and Fair Use: Certain pages of the Together Commerce website may contain copyrighted material or trademarks, the use of which may not have been specifically authorized by the copyright or trademark owner. For example, Together Commerce uses images or screen shots of materials (which may be protected by copyright) produced by other organizations to demonstrate how to install Together Commerce products and/or services. Together Commerce also refers to names and products (which may be protected by trademark) owned by other organizations, for the purposes of identifying the product and how Together Commerce’s software and services may integrate with that product. In most cases Together Commerce does not have any affiliation with, and is not being endorsed or sponsored by, these other organizations. Together Commerce believes that its use of the copyright and trademarks of others this type of context qualifies as fair use under copyright and trademark laws.
Image/Content Removal: If you believe that the use of images or names on our site containing copyrighted information or trademarks of others conflicts with authorized use, and/or does not comply with fair use as described in this context, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Service Interruptions
1. Service Interruptions. Your access to and use of the Products may be suspended for the duration of any unanticipated or unscheduled downtime or unavailability of any portion or all of the Products for any reason, including as a result of power outages, system failures or other interruptions. In addition, Together Commerce is entitled to suspend access to any portion or all of the Account at any time (i) for scheduled downtime to permit us to conduct maintenance or make modifications to any service or product, which we will endeavor, but shall not be obligated, to schedule during lower-use time periods; and/or (ii) in the event of a denial of service attack or other attack on the Account or any other event that we determine, in our sole discretion, may create a risk to the applicable service or product, to you or to any of our other customers if the service or product were not suspended; and/or (iii) in the event that we determine that any service or product is prohibited by law or we otherwise determine that it is necessary or prudent to do so for legal or regulatory reasons; and/or (iv) any violation of this Agreement (collectively, “Service Suspensions”). Together Commerce IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN WAY, OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY IN ANY WAY, FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU RESULTING FROM ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR SERVICE SUSPENSIONS, HOWSOEVER THEY MAY BE CAUSED.
2. Notice of Interruptions. To the extent we are able, we will endeavor to post updates on the Account, the Website, or our Social Media channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter), regarding any Service Suspension and resumption of service following any such suspension.
1. Security. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your email and password associated with your Account, for restricting access to your password and to your computer while logged into the Account and for properly configuring and using the Products. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account.
3. Encryption. Your Account Information, except for Account Information that is a credit card number, may be transferred unencrypted over one or more networks and may be changed, modified or otherwise adapted as required to meet the technical requirements of such transmission. Once obtained by Together Commerce, no Shopper data shall be transferred unencrypted in any way.
10. Data Protection Agreement and Rights, Risks, and Accountability
1. Customer Data. The Collected Data may include customer personal information collected (i) by you through the use of your e-Commerce Platform, and which is provided to us; and (ii) directly by you or other third parties from prior or independently collected personal information and for which you have provided authorization to disclose such information to Together Commerce (“Customer Provided Data”) (all of which shall be referred to as “Personal Data” or “PII”). PII shall include Collected Data that is uniquely associated with an identifiable Shopper, or that identifies a Shopper. Together Commerce will never disclose any PII to any third party without consent or other lawful justification or obligation in accordance with Section 10.3 hereof.
3. Together Commerce Data Protection Obligations. To the extent that any of the following are required by applicable law, and subject to applicable law, Together Commerce shall do the following in respect of PII that was obtained by Together Commerce via you, your e-Commerce Platform, or a third-party on your behalf:
b. Continue to implement the security measures described in Section 9.2 above;
c. Not disclose to any third-party any such PII;
d. Not engage directly with another processor to provide the Services to you;
e. Keep records of its processing activities with respect to any such PII;
f. Cooperate with any Supervisory Authority in respect of any complaint or investigation relating to such PII (as defined by and required by the GDPR);
g. Notify you in respect of any suspected or actual breach of our data security or other unauthorized access or processing of any such PII, including the extent and nature of the breach, possible or likely consequences, measures taken to address and, where possible, mitigate the breach;
4. Your Data Protection Obligations. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your processing of any PII that was obtained by Together Commerce via you, your e-Commerce Platform, or a third-party on your behalf, is and shall be in compliance with all applicable data protection or data privacy law and that, in respect of such PII, to the extent that any of the following are required by applicable law, and subject to any applicable law, you shall:
a. Obtain consent from your Shoppers after having provided them access to at least our DRPP;
c. For the purposes of, and in respect to, Collected Data that has been collected via your e-Commerce Platform, act as Representative within the European Union, to the extent that the GDPR requires you to do so and you are not located in the European Union, including for the purposes of Shoppers contacting Together Commerce with respect to its activities relating to PII.
6. Breach of this Section 10 will be deemed to be a material breach of this Agreement. You agree that you are responsible for, liable for any damages resulting from, and shall indemnify Together Commerce in accordance with Section 14.6 hereinbelow for, any failure to comply with any applicable data privacy laws, and all related unlawful acts or omissions in the collection and disclosure to Together Commerce of any Customer Provided Data, to the extent that such failures, acts, or omissions relate to Collected Data that was obtained by Together Commerce via your eCommerce Platform, and such acts or omissions are not contributed to by Together Commerce.
7. Lawful Disclosures. Together Commerce may at its sole discretion cooperate with and disclose information (including your Account Information) to any authority, government official or third party, without giving any notice to you, in connection with any investigation, proceeding or claim arising from an asserted illegal action or infringement whether related or unrelated to your use or misuse of your Account.
1. Feedback. In the event you elect, in connection with any of the Products, to communicate to us suggestions for improvements to the Products (collectively, “Feedback”), we shall own all right, title, and interest in and to the Feedback and we shall be entitled to use the Feedback without restriction, even if you have indicated such Feedback as confidential or restricted as to our rights or use. You hereby irrevocably assign all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback to us and waive any and all moral rights you may have in the Feedback, and agree to provide us such assistance as we may require to document, perfect, and maintain our rights in and title to the Feedback. You agree that: (a) your Feedback does not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) Together Commerce is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback; (c) Together Commerce shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Feedback for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; and (d) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Together Commerce under any circumstances.
1. Generally. We may suspend your right or any End User’s right to access your Account or use any portion of the Products immediately upon notice to you if we determine: (a) your or an End User’s use of or registration for the Products (i) poses a security risk to the Products or any third party, (ii) it may adversely impact the Products or the systems or the User Submitted Content or any other Together Commerce customer, (iii) may subject us or any third party to liability, or (iv) it may be fraudulent; (b) you are, or any End User is, in breach of this Agreement or applicable law; (c) you have ceased to operate in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of your assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding.
2. Effect of Suspension. If we suspend your right to access your Account or use any portion of the Products: (a) you will not be entitled to any credit of fees paid for any period of suspension; and (b) you remain responsible for all fees and charges you may have incurred through the date of suspension, except as specified elsewhere in this Agreement. Our right to suspend your Account or use of the Products is in addition to, and without prejudice to, our right to terminate this Agreement pursuant to Section 13 and any other remedies available at law.
13. Term and Termination
1. Term. This Agreement is in effect from the earliest of the dates you access, use, or download any Product, or create an Account, until terminated by either you or Together Commerce (the “Term”).
2. Termination by You. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying email@example.com. Your termination notice will be effective when we receive it.
3. Termination by Together Commerce for Convenience. Together Commerce may terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion, at any time, effective immediately upon notice to you, whether for convenience or in the event you breach this Agreement.
4. Effect of Termination. Upon termination of this Agreement you acknowledge that all of your rights under this Agreement will immediately terminate and Together Commerce will delete your Account. You will be responsible for any outstanding fees, charges and applicable Taxes (as previously defined) incurred by you and owing to us from the time notice is given. You are also responsible for removing any Together Commerce functionality from your website, app, or platform, and you remain responsible for any acts or omissions relating to the collection or disclosure of shopper information to Together Commerce after the termination of this Agreement and/or your Account resulting from a failure to remove such Together Commerce functionality.
5. Surviving Obligations. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive expiration or termination shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, including, without limitation, 1, 2, 4, 5, 11, 14, 15, and 17. Termination of your access to the Account and use of the Products shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such expiration or termination or limit any liability which you otherwise may have to Together Commerce, including without limitation any indemnification obligations hereunder.
1. “AS IS” BASIS. THE PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS.” ANY USE OF THE PRODUCTS OR RELIANCE ON CALCULATED DATA OR OTHER OUTPUT OF THE PRODUCTS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, TOGETHER COMMERCE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, DURABILITY, AVAILABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. TOGETHER COMMERCE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES THAT THE PRODUCTS WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, DESTRUCTION, SERVICE LOSS, UNAVAILABILITY, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND TOGETHER COMMERCE DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO. TOGETHER COMMERCE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES THAT USE OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE OR WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, UNINTERRUPTED, OR WITHOUT ERRORS. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY TOGETHER COMMERCE OR OTHERS WILL CREATE A WARRANTY AND NEITHER YOU NOR ANY THIRD-PARTY MAY RELY ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
2. THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. TOGETHER COMMERCE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT.
3. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL TOGETHER COMMERCE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR INDIRECT, DIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, AGGRAVATED, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, CORRUPTION OF FILES, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) EVEN IF TOGETHER COMMERCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TOGETHER COMMERCE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COMPENSATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) YOUR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING AS A RESULT OF ANY (I) TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE PRODUCTS, (II) OUR DISCONTINUATION OF ANY OR ALL OF THE PRODUCTS, OR (III) ANY SERVICE SUSPENSION, UNANTICIPATED OR UNSCHEDULED DOWNTIME OF ALL OR A PORTION OF THE PRODUCTS FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AS A RESULT OF POWER OUTAGES, SYSTEM FAILURES OR OTHER INTERRUPTIONS; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; (C) ANY INVESTMENTS, EXPENDITURES OR COMMITMENTS BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE OFFERINGS; OR (D) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR THE DELETION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, LOSS OR FAILURE TO ACCESS OR STORE ANY OF YOUR USER-SUBMITTED CONTENT OR OTHER CONTENT OR DATA.
4. TOTAL LIABILITY. IN ANY CASE, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED. TOGETHER COMMERCE’S LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID TOGETHER COMMERCE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR THE PRODUCT THAT GAVE RISE TO THE CLAIM DURING THE TWO (2) MONTHS PRECEDING THE CLAIM.
5. APPLICATION OF LIMITATIONS. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES EXCLUSIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY.
6. INDEMNITY. YOU WILL, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 14.7, INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS TOGETHER COMMERCE, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PRESENT AND FORMER OFFICERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNEES, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, COSTS, DAMAGES, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, DISBURSEMENTS, AND ADMINISTRATIVE OR COURT COSTS) (COLLECTIVELY, “LOSSES”) PAID OR INCURRED IN CONNECTION WITH CLAIMS BY ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT, (B) YOUR BREACH OF SECTION 10, OR ANY APPLICABLE PRIVACY AND/OR DATA PROTECTION LAW, (C) ANY INFRINGEMENT BY YOU OF THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY; OR (D) A CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR OBLIGATION CLAIMED PURSUANT TO SECTION 15.6; OR (E) YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THE ACCOUNT OR THE PRODUCTS; OR (F) OTHER ACT OR OMISSION CONSTITUTING GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
7. Indemnifying Party Rights and Obligations. You shall promptly inform Together Commerce of any suit or proceeding filed or that you anticipate being filed against you and/or Together Commerce for which Together Commerce is entitled to indemnification hereunder. You may direct the defense and settlement of any such claim, with counsel of your choosing, and will provide the Together Commerce, at your expense, with information and assistance reasonably necessary for the defense and settlement of the claim. Together Commerce shall have the right, but not the obligation, at its sole expense to participate in (but not to control) the defense of any such suit or proceeding. You shall not settle any such action without the written consent of Together Commerce (which consent will not be unreasonably withheld or delayed).
1. Your Equipment. You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to, access the Account or otherwise use the Products, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long-distance or local telephone service.
2. Third-Party Service Providers. You acknowledge that Together Commerce uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology required to run the Services.
3. Export Compliance and Restrictions. You will, in connection with your use of the Products, comply with all applicable export, import and re-export control laws and regulations. You shall not provide any Customer Collected Data or other information that is subject to any applicable export, import and re-export control laws and regulations without obtaining prior written consent from Together Commerce.
4. Governing Law. The rights, duties and obligations of the parties to this Agreement and the validity, interpretation, performance and legal effect of this Agreement shall be governed and determined in accordance with the applicable laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding that body of law applicable to choice or conflict of law and the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sales of Goods and all legislation implementing such convention. Any claims or disputes arising out of this Agreement or any Confidential Information disclosed pursuant to this Agreement may only be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Neuss, Germany, and the parties irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the jurisdiction of any such court and irrevocably and unconditionally waive (a) any defense of an inconvenient forum to the maintenance of any such claim or action; (b) any objection to venue with respect to any such action or claim on account of the place of residence or domicile of any party thereto; and (c) to the extent permitted by law, the right to a jury trial in connection with any action or claim arising out of this Agreement or the disclosed Confidential Information.
5. Equitable Remedies. The rights granted and obligations made under this Agreement are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which will irreparably harm Together Commerce and which cannot be replaced or compensated for by monetary damages alone. Accordingly, Together Commerce will be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you. You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Services or any other materials issued in connection therewith or other content or material used or accessed through the Service.
6. No Partnership. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind Together Commerce. You shall indemnify Together Commerce, in accordance with Section 15.6, for any Losses resulting from any claim of agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment by any of your employees, contractors, agents, or other representative based on any alleged relationship resulting from this Agreement.
7. Notices. Together Commerce may send notices to you with respect to your use of the Products or otherwise under this Agreement by sending an email message to the email address listed in your Account Information. You agree that we may provide notice to you through such means. You may provide notice to Together Commerce under this Agreement by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless otherwise stated, such notices will become effective immediately upon delivery
8. No Waiver. No failure or delay by Together Commerce in enforcing any right or exercising will be deemed a waiver of any right or remedy.
9. Assignment. You may not assign this Agreement or any of your obligations hereunder to any person without the prior written consent of Together Commerce. Any such assignment or transfer in violation of this Section will be void. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement will be binding upon, and inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and assigns.
10. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement does not create any third-party beneficiary rights in any individual or entity that is not a party to this Agreement.
11. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, is unenforceable or invalid for any reason whatever, the parties agree that modification of such provision or portion thereof shall be permitted, and such modification shall preserve as much of the provision or portion thereof as required to render such provision or portion thereof enforceable or valid, as the case may be. The parties further agree that such unenforceability or invalidity shall not affect the enforceability or validity of the remaining portions of the provision or provisions of this Agreement and such unenforceable or invalid provision or portion thereof shall be severable from the remainder of this Agreement.
13. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT AND WILL BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN US AND THAT IT SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT, SUBJECT TO SECTION 15.12.